21 May 2011

I have more fashion sense than Gok Wan has in his little finger...

Before I start this I just though you should all know I've been on the wine for a little while now. I had an amazing seafood thing so I cracked open the white wine. What can I say, it was dope. So if this make no sense I apologise now.

On to the post!

I love fashion. I love it more than I love getting stuffed on chocolate and watching trash on TV (and trust me I totally love that). I love the glamour of high fashion, the ideas behind the designs, the materials and colours, experiments with something new, the tiny minuscule details which make outfits pop, the way it filters down though luxury brands to eventually high street where I can get my grubby but very excited paws on it. The thing I love most that excited feeling when you see something you've just fallen in love with, and more when you just spontaneously buy it and it fits like a glove and you feel like a million dollars. And that' s what it should be about, how it makes you feel.

A little while ago I interned at London Fashion Week for the whole week, helping designers out with their presentations which was completely epic. I got to dress runway models (yes, the hot guy ones too), set up presentation rooms, get into the make up and hair room. Every day of that, I learned more about the designers, their passion, and what they wanted to achieve with their clothes. The two designers I loved the most were Louise Amstrup, who's prints were just the most amazingly refreshingly original thing's I'd ever seen which were teamed up with feathers and the most amazing panels.




I also loved this Men's fashion brand, a couple of guys with a label called Braille, they were ever so sweet and so nervous as it was their first presentation though they had no need, as their coats at the very least were to die for, and the rest quite inspired.


A Child of the Jago (designer is the child of Vivienne Westwood) was also an amazing show. Unfortunately I don't have any photo's as the guy I was dressing was a drunk but pretty douche bag and needed babying. but I just thought I'd steal a picky of the one my friend dressed.


I worked with and got Nandos for House of Blue Eyes who has also worked with and for Haus of GaGa, Lady GaGa's fashion and ideas house. If you think Lady GaGa's insane you've NO IDEA because Johnny Blue Eyes is simply the maddest man I've ever met. He painted his face blue, rolled around on the stage, and walked the catwalk himself.


 There's loads of other things too, but I don't want this to go on for years. So here's some more pictures.





Loves, L xox

No comments:

Post a Comment