22 May 2011

I like the word "indolence." It makes my laziness seem classy.

One of my biggest problems is my lack of motivation. For instance, here I am on Sunday night and I've done NOTHING all weekend. No no, I mean NOTHING. Without even a hint of a lie, there is even an indent of my butt in the sofa. I have showered and got back into pyjamas. I have eaten biscuits and tea as I can't even be bothered to cook something. Facebook has been my only friend this weekend and I don't think I've actually spoken with my mouth in over 48 hours.

And this is slowly but definitely having a detrimental effect on my figure. A few years ago I was a hot size 10/12. I looked a bit like this. I'm the skinny brunette next to the uber hot fiery redhead.

But over time I've got good at drinking. Really good at drinking. And amazing at cooking, partly due to cooking for a gastro pub though my third year of uni. And I love eating. Generally I don't eat sweets or crisps or normal snack bad food, but I do eat carbs and I'm really good at baking and I LOVE chocolate. Here's some of the stuff I make: pyramid cake, double chocolate muffins, Cherry Victoria sponge with strawberry icing, Croissants filled with bacon and scrambled eggs with sausages on the side, a rocky road, King Prawn spaghetti marinara, Rose cupcakes and tea, and a Manhattan. And most of this comes with wine.







 All of this eventually lead to me being quite a few sizes bigger. I know it sounds silly but you kid yourself that it's not happening, that everything you're eating isn't taking an effect even when you are starting to buy clothes bigger sizes because yours don't fit any more. But I think it hit home a couple of weeks ago when I went out with some of my girl mates and there was a picture taken, which made me realise I'm much bigger than i thought before.


This is me, the much bigger one in the middle. Size 16. I used to be as big as the wonderful lady behind me.

So I have found something that I am starting tomorrow. Yes I know you're thinking I'm procrastinating but I'm not, I'm postponing because it's late now. Cough.

Anyway, it's called couch to 5k from the NHS Website. This should get me running 5 km in half an hour in 9 weeks time if I keep to it. This will give me three training sessions a week and I should be able to run 5k just before my boyfriends graduation, so therefore looking gorgeous and slender as it should burn a pound a week off and that's almost a stone in 9 weeks. WIN! Wish me luck!

Loves, L xox

1 comment:

  1. Oh god look at that first picture, those were the days ey! I've gone up a size too :( But I am currently downloading the NHS Couch to 5K podcasts, keep me updated on your progress and I shall let you know mine.
    I'll do a blog post on it too and mention you :) Love you xxx

    ReplyDelete